Finding the perfect person to help you care for your family can seem like a daunting task. Here at Town and Country Nannies we use our expertise and many years’ experience to guide you through the childcare maze and help you find the ideal solution. We are happy to visit you to understand your needs perfectly.
Rest assured that our candidates are handpicked to ensure that they are of the highest calibre. We interview them in person and check all qualifications and documents, including police (CRB) checks, paediatric first aid certificates and references. Only the very best nannies are registered with us, because you only want the best nannies to look after your children. View our registration process here.
What does a nanny do?
Whether full or part time, live-in or live-out, a nanny’s duties generally include all the things to do with looking after your children that you would do yourself. They are responsible for all aspects of your child’s care, from getting up and dressed to bathtime and bed, cooking nutritious meals, laundry, cleaning / tidying of rooms and toys, to taking them to school, classes, clubs and groups such as tumble tots, music and singing, story time at the library and so on. Most full time nannies work a 10/12 hour day from roughly 7am to 7pm, depending on your family’s needs.
Why is a nanny better than a childminder or nursery?
If you have more than one child, work long or unpredictable hours, and need childcare even when your little one is poorly, then a nanny is usually the best solution. Childminders and nurseries can’t give your child the one-to-one attention and care, in their own home, that a nanny can. If your child is ill, your train is late or a meeting overruns, with a nanny you can rest assured that your child will be well cared for in their own home, and with no extra stress to you!
Unlike nurseries and childminders, a nanny can be available during the school holidays and at Christmas, can babysit in the evenings or even stay overnight when needed, and may even come on holiday with you. Compared to the combined cost of nursery fees, holiday clubs, babysitters and crèches, nannies often give the best value for money and continuity of childcare, so your children are settled and happy.
Most important of all, the care a nanny gives is the closest possible to the care you would give your child yourself.
A nanny to help you in every situation:
Did you know that as well as live-in nannies and live-out nannies we provide:
- Emergency nannies – for times of crisis when you need childcare at short notice
- Temporary nannies – when your usual nanny, childminder or nursery isn’t available
- Maternity Nannies – to support and advise you in the very early days after the birth of your baby
- Night Nannies – when you need an undisturbed night’s sleep, especially when you have a newborn
- Nanny / PAs – to give part time childcare and help running your home and / or business
- Nanny / Housekeepers – to give childcare to often older children and to clean and run your home.
and best of all our very own Super Nannies – highly experienced childcare experts who can be ‘parachuted’ in to help solve your children’s sleep, feeding or behavioural problems.
How do I find and hire the perfect nanny?
Our job is to make the process of finding and hiring the perfect nanny as quick, easy and stress-free as possible. But first, there are a few things you need to do:
1. Know what you want. Do you want your nanny to be full time, part time, to live in or live out? Do you want someone to help you around the house too, occasionally stay overnight or come on holiday? When do you need them to start? Think about your lifestyle, your budget, your work and your day-to-day routines and how best a nanny could fit in with your needs.
2. Know your family. What is important to you and your children? Do you have particular values, beliefs, routines or ways of doing things that you want to be respected and reinforced by your nanny? Do your children have special medical or dietary needs that need to be taken into account? Think about what a nanny needs to know in order to care for your children as well as you do yourself
3. Anticipate hiccups. If you’ve had nannies before and encountered problems, what were they and how can they be avoided in future? If you have never had a nanny before, what do you need to know or do to help things go smoothly?
With this information we can quickly get moving and find you the perfect nanny. Rest assured that we can tell you everything you need to know about hiring a nanny and even help you with the technical side of things like payroll and national insurance. Our job is to make the whole process of hiring and having a nanny as easy as possible. View our hiring process here
Ready to find the perfect nanny for your family? Register using the online form or Call or us today on 01245 477297 for Essex families and 01727 220309 for Hertfordshire families.